This Privacy Notice explains how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by LELIT S.r.l. a socio unico and our various affiliates and brands including Breville, Sage Appliances, Baratza, Beanz, ChefSteps, ControlFreak, FoodThinker and Sage Commercial; (collectively “LELIT,” “we,” “our” or “us”) when you access or use our website and mobile applications, our connected appliances, and our other products and services (collectively, the “Services”), or when you otherwise interact with us.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification through our Services. We encourage you to review the Privacy Notice whenever you access our Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you surf our webpage, use the “Contact us” or “Join the Team” communication, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include:
- First and last name
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- Your application data, such as telephone number or your bio
Whether or not to provide such information is your choice. In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any contact information about yourself.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use our Services , we automatically collect information about you and associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect:
- Website Log Information: We log information about your use of our website, such as your computer’s operating system, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the web page that referred you to our site.
We may contract with third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. To do this, they will collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most websites. For more information, see the Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others section below.
- Location Information: With your consent, we collect information about your location when you access or use one of our mobile applications. For more details about the collection of location information and the choices you have, please see “Your Choices” below.
By linking information: We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources, such as joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. We use this information for market research purposes and to improve the quality of the Services we offer.
Your Social Sharing: If you choose to engage in social sharing, such as by connecting your social media account to your customer account or by logging into your customer account from your social media account, the social media site may share information with us about your use of their services, including profile information, information about your contacts and content you have viewed or liked. Please use the social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared. If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information we receive from other sources: LELIT may receive additional data (e.g., demographic or statistical information) from third parties. This includes business partners, marketing agencies, research or analytics companies, and other third parties that we may assign to you based on your association with certain statistical groups. We use this information in addition to the data we have collected directly about you to derive possible interests, provide you with more relevant LELIT brand experiences, and improve LELIT products, analytics, and advertising.
Use of Information
We use your information as necessary to provide for various purposes related to the Services, including to:
- Provide and deliver the Services you request, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts, which may also contain information about other LELIT offerings;
- Use the information you provided for recruitment purposes to evaluate if we have the perfect position for you;
- Send you technical Policies, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Enforce our legal rights;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights, property and safety of LELIT, its affiliates, you and others;
Likewise, we may use your personal information to allow and facilitate providing you with better care:
- Maintain, protect and improve our Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve our Services and provide tailored advertisements, content or features to you;
- Further our business purposes and those of our third party service providers, such as, without limitation, troubleshooting, data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying products or services; identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotions; collaborating with our partners; responding to customer service inquiries; and operating and expanding current or future business activities;
- Link or combine with information we collect via other sources in accordance with applicable law to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Sharing of Information
We may share information on legal basis or your consent about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice including, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- With LELIT affiliates, which are companies controlled by or under common control with LELIT including its parent company, Breville Pty. Ltd in Australia;
- With our third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, trouble shooting as well as website hosting, data analysis (e.g.Google), customer service, online-meetings (e.g. Teams or Zoom), email delivery and other services;
- If you connect third-party devices and services to your LELIT account or our Services, such as when you choose to interface an appliance or our mobile application with other devices your information will be shared with such third parties per your direction and with your consent;
- When you sign up for contacting or to apply to join LELIT
- The information you choose to provide can be shared;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of LELIT or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, joint venture, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings;
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, or
- With your consent or at your instruction.
We may share anonymized information that is summarized or derived from information you provide to us. Anonymous information is information that does not include any personally identifiable information.
Social Sharing Features
Our services use plug-ins of social networks (“plugins”). If you use a service that includes plug-ins, information can be transferred directly from your device to the social network provider. We have no influence on the data collected by the plugin. If you are logged in to the social network, a connection can be established between your user account and the use of our service. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on “Like”, “Follow” or “Share” or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the social network. Even if you are not logged in, the plugins may still send your IP address to social networking providers.
When you connect to a social network service on a device that is also used by other people, these other users may be able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the Social Network Service page.
For more information about the social networking providers whose plugins are used in our services (“providers”), see below:
Controller: Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, 2 Dublin, Ireland (“Facebook”). For more information, see Facebook’s data usage guidelines at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Controller: YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA (“YouTube”). For more information see YouTube’s privacy guidelines at https://policies.google.com/privacy
Controller: Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram“). For more information see Instagram’s privacy policies at https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
Controller: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. For more information see LinkedIns privacy policies at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.com/. At this time, LELIT does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, LELIT may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to LELIT’s website. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties with your consent to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal. You can revoke the consent any time.
We store the information we collect about you as necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, tax, bookkeeping or other compliance obligations.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Use Of Services By Minors
LELIT is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of Minors under the age of 14.
Except as noted below: (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) Individuals under the age of 18 ("Minors") are not permitted to use LELIT Websites or Apps without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the LELIT Websites; and (iv) should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on any of the LELIT Websites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your Minor under the age of 14 has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove personal information about your child from its database and instruct our affiliates and third party partners to do the same.
If you are a Minor under the age of 18, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on LELIT Websites and Apps by sending an email to email@example.com with “Privacy Rights for Minors” in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on LELIT Websites or Apps.
If we process data from EEA or UK in a third country (i.e., outside the European Economic Area (EEA)) where we have facilities or the processing takes place in the context of using third-party services or disclosing or transferring data to other persons, entities or companies, this will only be done in accordance with legal requirements.
Personal Information you submit on the websites or through the Services may be sent to the United States and processed by us there or in other countries, on our service providers’ cloud servers. We will always protect your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed.
Subject to your express consent or to contractually or legally required transfer, we process or allow the processing of data only in third countries with a recognized level of data protection, contractual obligation by so-called standard protection clauses of the EU Commission, in the presence of certifications or binding internal data protection regulations (Art. 44 to 49 DSGVO, information page of the EU Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_de ).
Your Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that it be corrected, erased (to the extent allowed by applicable law), or transferred. You may also object to or request that we restrict certain processing. If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent for future processing at any time. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, You may submit a request via “firstname.lastname@example.org” at our webpage https://lelit.com/contact/.
The GDPR requires that personal data from the EU/EEA must be especially protected. In addition, all EU-based individuals, irrespective of their nationality (“data subjects”) have certain individual rights under the GDPR, such as:
1. The right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data.
2. The right of access to find out what is stored about them.
3. The right to rectification of their personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
5. The right to restrict processing to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data.
6. The right to data portability allowing individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
7. The right to object to the processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing and/or for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
8. Various rights in relation to automated decision making (making a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement) and profiling (automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can log into your account and edit certain account information or contact us as described below.
Disclosures under Art. 13 and 14 GDPR
(a) The identity and the contact details of the controller(s)
LELIT srl a socio unico, Viale del Lavoro, 47, 25045 – Castegnato (BS), Italy
(b) Contact details of the data protection officer
Data Protection Officer email: email@example.com;
(c) Purposes of the processing of the personal data
(d) The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
Employees of LELIT who respond to inquiries as well as external service providers who need to know the data for purposes of providing the products and services you have requested.
(e) Storage Limitations
The personal data will be stored by LELIT for a period necessary for the purposes listed under (c) above, unless applicable law mandates a longer storage (e.g. 8 years for tax records in the UK), up to a potential maximum of 10 years subject to relevant exceptions.
(f) Withdrawal of Consent
The data subject has right to withdraw his/her consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal, by sending an email to the Data Protection Officer listed under (b).
(g) Legal Basis for processing
The data subject provides his/her personal data to LELIT (such as name and contact information) so that LELIT can provide requested services, process the payment or respond to the inquiry (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR. In all other cases, the processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by LELIT, as balanced against the interests and fundamental rights and freedoms of the EU customer which require protection of personal data (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR). A legitimate interest is, in particular, the continued need of LELIT to serve the EU customers of LELIT with products and services.
Your Questions Or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LELIT srl a socio unico, Viale del Lavoro, 47, 25045 – Castegnato (BS), Italy
Attn. Data Privacy Officer
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.